Community Center (general
Capacity: 160 persons
16- 60in. Round Tables, 4- 6ft. Long and 4- 8ft. Long Tables and 184 Chairs Available for use.
Rental Agreement (serving alcohol)
Rental Agreement (not serving alcohol)
OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
This policy will communicate the desires of the Village of Columbiaville Council to serve as a guideline to notify the facility users of items pertaining to the activities, lease agreement and rental restrictions.
The Columbiaville Community Center and Banquet Hall is equipped and maintained to provide a gathering place to serve the community by providing residents access to the facilities for their use and for the use of public gatherings. Persons or groups may use the facility as the schedule allows, the Village Council has the right to authorize and/or limit the uses and types of activities to take place in the facility and set rental rates as desired.
The Village Council reserves the right to change, amend, make exceptions to, revise or discontinue any policy, practice, rule or regulation set forth herein at any time at its sole and absolute discretion.
In the event of an emergency, crises, or other unexpected business, the Village Council or authorized personnel reserves the right to cancel or change the scheduling of any activities as necessary.
All reservations, permitted uses and scheduled events shall be the responsibility of the current Village Administrator. This position shall serve as the liaison to the Village Council in the event of a conflict, discrepancy or special request of the facility. All maintenance issues will be handled by the Village DPW or Janitor.
The janitor will review the facility before and after each event and report to the Village Administrator which will determine if a full deposit is appropriate. Any damage to the facility or extra cleaning will result in loss of deposit, additional charges will be billed for all replacement costs and fees associated with repairs.
Signing a lease agreement is required by the person to be held responsible for the use of the facility. Upon signing the lease agreement, he/she acknowledges and accepts responsibility of the rules and rental fees explained in the lease agreement form. The Lease Agreement is an extension of this policy.
TYPES OF APPROVED
Senior Activities, Wedding Showers, Anniversaries, Graduations, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Holiday Parties, Church Activities, Funeral Receptions, Non-Profit Groups, For Profit Individuals and Groups, Family Reunions, Political Groups, and Fundraisers.
All others not listed are subject for approval with special permit.
All others not listed are subject for approval with special
All activities are subject to rental fees; with certain
Reserving the hall one day prior will be an additional $ 75.00.
Time begins at set up. Sunday rates are $150.00 for all day, unless prior booking.
||4 hours or fewer
|| 4 to 8 hours
||8 to 12 hours
Janitorial Fees: $150.00 if needed.
Local Non-Profit Organizations/Groups:
Any local non-profit organization that wishes to rent the hall during the weekdays or weeknights (Monday – Thursday) shall pay an hourly rate of $10.00.
Monday – Friday shall pay $15.00 an hour for rental, must do all cleaning related to activity; sweeping, moping, bathrooms, and wiping down area.
Any fundraising activity is primarily for the purpose of raising funds for the Village of Columbiaville, the purpose of the donation if one is to be specified, must be approved prior to hall rental. The individual or group hosting the event will pay the applicable rental fee OR 25% of the gross profits made by the event, whichever is less. The deposit for the event will be paid as indicated in the Lease Agreement. All other rules remain in effect.
shall pay $250.00 for rentals, includes cleaning. Families must remove all food related items, however.
GENERAL GUIDELINES &
RULES: All events must end by 1:00am -hall emptied by 2:00 a.m.
1. Any person signing a lease agreement must be at least 21 years of age and assume the responsibility and liability for damages to the Columbiaville Community Center and Banquet Hall. The person signing the lease agreement will assume the role of the “Lessee”, throughout this agreement.
2. The Lessee assumes the responsibility of cleaning the building and equipment used for their event. The renter must take their garbage home with them.
3. The Lessee must be present during the use of the facility and will be in charge of the activities during the lease period.
4. If your event or occasion will be providing alcohol the Lessee must provide “host liquor” liability coverage. This extends your homeowners insurance coverage to the Columbiaville Community Center and Banquet Hall. Included in your Facility Lease Package is a copy of the Village of Columbiaville Insurance Coverage Requirements. A copy of this coverage must be submitted at the time of the rental payment.
Facility Equipment and Facility Property:
Any equipment that belongs or that is located in the facility can not be removed or let to any other person or group. The janitor will have a “check list” of all equipment and supplies in the hall, after each use a tally shall be made. If any items are missing and can not be located this will reflect the amount of deposit returned, if replacement values are greater you will be charged the additional fees.
6. Lessee must supply their own paper products; paper towel, trash bags, napkins etc . . . Toilet paper is supplied by the Village.
7. Lessee must place all tables and chairs back on the racks before vacating the building.
8. Mops, brooms, buckets will be located in the storage room please be sure to put mop bucket, brooms etc… back in the storage room.
9. Lessee is responsible to shut down event at 1:00 a.m. and have building cleaned and vacated by 2:00 a.m.
Alcohol Use and Smoking:
The use of alcohol is permitted, however the “person in charge” or lease signer shall be held responsible for all security measures and clean up.
11. The sale of alcohol is allowed for fundraisers, however a State Liquor License must be applied for by the individual or group and a copy must accompany the Lease Agreement. The individual or group shall be held responsible for all security measures and clean up.
12. If the event allows alcohol; you are required to follow all State and Local Laws regarding the use of alcohol; do not serve or allow anyone under the age of 21 or anyone intoxicated to consume alcohol. This person shall have the right to contact our County Sheriff’s Department if deemed necessary.
13. If your event or occasion will include alcohol the Lessee must provide “host liquor” liability coverage. This extends your homeowners insurance coverage to the Columbiaville Community Center and Banquet Hall. Included in your Facility Lease Package is a copy of the Village of Columbiaville Insurance Coverage Requirements. A copy of this coverage must be submitted at the time of the rental payment.
14. No smoking or other use of tobacco products are allowed in the Community Center at any time, this does include “chew”.
15.You may decorate using Command Strips ONLY the use of tape or tacks are prohibited.
16. Table decorations may set on top of tables and table cloths are allowed.
17. No glitter or confetti may used inside or outside.
18. No Candles with Flames are allowed to be lit in the building.
19. The Lessee shall be in charge of the complying with the Village of Columbiaville Noise Ordinance. Please inform your Entertainer that local noise ordinances are in effect and try to respect the residents that live near the facility.
20. All entertainment must end by 1:00 a.m.
Preparation and Kitchen Use:
21. The Community Center kitchen is not a licensed food service kitchen. All foods must be prepared off-site.
22. A temporary food license may be applied for at the Lapeer County Health Department, for those events that wish to cook food at the facility. The cost of the license shall be the responsibility of the Lessee.
23. Caterers must be licensed and a copy of their license must accompany Lessee’s Rental Application. Caterers must use west side entrance.
24. Caterers must supply all the necessary equipment for the event or occasion.
25. Cutting boards must be used, do not cut on counter tops. Deposit will be forfeited and additional replacement charges will apply.
26. Private parties may use the use the kitchen for storing, oven-warming and distribution of home-cooked food. All public functions will require the food to be catered or apply for a temporary food license with the health department.
27. Microwave may be used to warm previously cooked food.
28. Oven maybe used to warm food only without a food license.
29. Ice and frozen foods may be stored in freezer cold food may be stored in refrigerator.
30. ALL Garbage must be removed by Lessee, and taken home with you.
31. Be sure to empty all food storage areas and leave kitchen as found. This will also be inspected by the Janitor before any deposits are returned.
If you would like janitorial services you must pay an additional $150.00, however the Lessee (renter) must do the following:
1. The Lessee (renter) is required to remove all garbage, remove everything off tables, and remove personal items from kitchen and bar area.
2. The Lessee is required to check the hall and bathrooms for any vomit or human waste and clean if any. This also includes outside of the hall. If this type of mess is not cleaned your deposit will be forfeited.
3. All decorations must be removed from tables or chairs including any balloons that have floated to the ceiling.
4. The outside of the hall must have all litter and cigarette butts picked up.
After all required cleaning is complete shut off all lights, turn heat or air down, lock all doors (kitchen door, side door and front doors), and return key to village office on the next business day. If the key is not returned your deposit will not be refunded.
No Janitorial Services:
If you are not paying for janitorial services are require to perform the following:
1. Sweep and mop ALL floors, including bathrooms.
2. Wipe off all counters and appliances (including the oven and inside of refrigerator). Wipe down all walls including below the counters and cabinets.
3. Bag up all garbage, (do not dump liquids into garbage cans) remove garbage from premises. Do not put garbage into cans with no bags. Remember the bathrooms.
4. Put tables and chairs on carts put back where in front corner of building opposite of coat room.
5. Clean up cigarette butts and litter inside and out including parking lot.
6. Be sure to check building for human waste, if this type of mess is left; deposit is forfeited. Outside of the building is included.
7. Must complete all cleaning items as noted on the checklist. The checklist is posted at the Community Center and one is attached to your agreement.
8. ALL GARBAGE MUST BE REMOVED AND TAKEN HOME WITH YOU!